For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but to us which are (being) saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18.
Here are the reasons why the message of the cross is foolishness to the world. The natural mind cannot see the wisdom of these paradoxical principles of the cross.
The Way to:
- healing is through pain. By His stripes we are healed; 1 Pet 2:24;
- real life, resurrection life, is thru death, dying to self; 2 Cor 4:10-11;
- increase is through decrease; John 3:30;
- gain is thru loss; Philip 3:7-8;
kill evil is by kindness; Rom 12:17-21;
- extinguish blows against you is by absorbing those blows in loving non retaliation; Matt 5:38-45;
- invincibility is through vulnerability; be a lamb among wolves; Luke 10:1-4;
- victory is not by war but by peace; Rom 16:20;
- strength is through weakness; 2 Cor 12:7-10;
- promotion is through demotion; Luke 14:7-11;
- inherit the earth is not by strength of force but by meekness; Matt 5:5;
- comfort is thru mourning; Matt 5:4;
- kingship is thru poverty; Luke 6:20;
- conquering life is by being killed or slaughtered all day long everyday like a sheep; Rom 8:36-37.
- being filled is by first being emptied, hungered and thirsty; Matt 5:6; Phili 2:5-11.
- having a great reputation is thru becoming a person of no reputation; Phili 2:7.
- become a chief is thru being a slave; be first is by being last; Matt 10:24-25; Matt 20:20-28; Matt 19:20;
- be loved is to be hated; Matt 10:22;
- winning thru the court is by suffering yourself to lose the lawsuit; 1 Cor 6:7;
- grow and multiply is by falling down and dying; John 12:23-25;
- be transformed is not by trying to transform but by surrender; Rom 12:1-2;
- to learn to get it right is by getting it wrong; to succeed is thru failure; Luke 18:9-14;
- get control is by giving up control or dying to your methods of control;
- rise above (resurrection) is by coming under (death); to overcome or to stand over
- is to come under or to stand under (to understand); Rom 8:35-37;
- keep the rules of law is by dying to or getting out from under the influence of the law; Rom 6:14; 7:1-24;
- stay afloat is to sink down; Book of Jonah;
- work is to rest; Heb 4:1-11;
- arm yourselves against an enemy is to disarm yourselves of all carnal weapons; 2 Cor 10:1-5; 1 Pet 4:1-2;
- stand worthy is to be slaughtered as a lamb; to win battles is not by the wrath of a lion but by the wrath of a lamb (thru crucifixion with Christ); Rev 5:6; 6:16;
- win is by superior love not superior force; to fight is not by fighting but faithing; John 18:36;
- gain more weight of God’s glory is by being stripped of earthly glory; 2 Cor 4:16–17:
put on the new is to put off the old; Eph 4:22-24;
- being great among men is to be a slave to men; Matt 20:26-27.
- These concepts make no sense to the natural man’s mind. They are foolishness to him. But they are the wisdom of God to the supernatural born again/new mind.
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 1 Cor 1:25.